Saturday, May 21, 2016

Week 1, Day 6

We're almost to the end of Week #1. It hasn't been bad. It's really been quite easy . . I think because it's more than . . Ughh! I need to lose weight! While I'm happy to be learning so much about the foods we eat, where those we trust us have failed us, mostly due to money and power . . I'm also a little aggravated at myself for blindly eating and drinking and never paying more attention to what I was putting in my body.

When you stop to think about life, and leaving the spiritual aspect out of it, what's the most important thing you can do? I think it's take care of yourself physically and mentally. Our families are important to us and what good are we to them if they're having to care for us? Our kids grow up to have their own kids and sure, they'll be happy to assist us when we're old but they shouldn't be having to assist us when you're not quite elderly . . simply because we haven't taken care of ourselves as we should have.

For many of us, our jobs/careers are important but we can't effectively do that if we'er not feeling our best.

In my mind, the quality of life matters a lot. I'm pretty blessed to almost always feel good but a few days of an aching back or a virus of some kind and I realize quickly how important good health is.

What we eat and what we put into our bodies is something that is totally within our control. We need to teach our children and grandchildren the importance of healthy eating. I'm thinking that there was a time, before fast food, too much sugar and too much sodium, when healthy eating was all folks knew to do . . they didn't have a lot of choices. Then fast food and sugary drinks came along and it was so easy and so tasty and then an entire generation grew up thinking that was the right way to eat.

It's all so much to think about  . .

For breakfast, we had:
  • Flour Tortillas (homemade)
  • Scrambled eggs (from our chickens)
  • Bacon (that I cured and smoked)
Vince added grated cheese and salsa but I left those off.

On weekends, we have a later breakfast, and then an earlier dinner, around 2:00 and then just snack for dinner.

For dinner, we had:
  • Grilled lamb chops
  • Pinto Beans
  • Kale chips (from the garden)
  • Raw carrots & squash (from the garden) with green goddess dip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. All are appreciated.