Monday, May 16, 2016

How Much is Too Much

I didn't have a clue how much sugar I should be having per day. I didn't want to know. The American Heart Association recommends a max of 25 grams of sugar per day. I have been drinking a minimum of 4 sodas per day, and that's 160 grams of sugar . . even if I ate no other sugar, but I did eat more.

As I think back to what we ate yesterday, we had syrup on our biscuits at breakfast. I drank a soda with breakfast.

We had a late breakfast and really just skipped lunch. For dinner, we grilled burgers. There wasn't much sugar in that meal.


Later, we had leftover biscuits from breakfast, along with strawberries that had been sliced earlier in the day, and a good amount of sugar was added. There was some sweetened whipped cream on top!

Throughout the day, I drank probably 4 sodas. Without a doubt, I had well over 200 grams of sugar and the recommended amount is no more than 25 grams.

Yes, I have a sugar problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. All are appreciated.