Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 1, Day 1

Today is the first day of the first week of this new plan to cut a lot of the sugar from my diet. Today is May 16, 2016.

For breakfast, I had:


  • Steel cut oats with strawberries
  • Water
For lunch, I had:
  • Sardines and crackers (don't frown - I love sardines)
  • Carrots (from the garden)
  • Tomato slices
  • Water
For dinner, I had:
  • Fried Eggplant
  • Peanut Butter (protein)
  • Water
Snack:
  • Cashews - just a couple
  • Blackberries.
Obviously I had some sugar in my diet today.  My goal is not to cut out all sugar but to cut out most of my sugar intake, especially the "added" sugar. I will still eat high fiber fruits in moderation, even some which contain a lot of sugar.

As far as Dr. Pepper, I knew I couldn't go "cold turkey" so I calculated that 4 oz. of Dr. Pepper should be about 13 grams of sugar and I had 2 oz. at lunch, along with water, and 2 oz. at dinner, with water. I definitely feel the lack of energy from those 150 or so grams of sugar that I didn't get today from the Dr. Pepper. I have a slight headache but I woke up with that this morning so I'm thinking that's more of a sinus issue instead of a caffeine/sugar issue.

Vince doesn't drink the soda that I drink but he's a junk food junkie! He did good today (at least while he was at home) . . especially since I tossed out 4 bags of cookies.

For lunch, he ate leftover tortellini with proscuitto that we had last week, along with the carrots and tomatoes that I had. For dinner, he made a sandwich with the eggplant, added some ham and pasta sauce. I don't think he's quite as enthusiastic about this new meal plan as I am but hopefully he'll see me losing weight, and feeling better and he'll want to get on board.

Day #1 is behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. All are appreciated.