Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Water Bottle

I have more water bottles than anyone person could ever need. Yes, I have two Yeti bottles. Yes, I like them just fine but I'm not the most careful person. I drop things. I take things out in the garden and sometimes they stay there for a week before I remember to bring them in. They sometimes in up in my car for weeks. Almost every time I go to MO, I end up leaving a water bottle there.

I find that if I fix myself a big bottle of water, I'm bull headed enough to want to finish it . . because I fixed it for myself. If I end up planning to drink 8 separate glasses of water per day, it rarely happens.



We were at Sam's Club the other day and they had these bottles in 2 packs and each 2 pack was $19.98. Unfortunately, we've thrown out the boxes. The front of the bottle says "Manna". I can find one not yet constructed web page so other than suggesting you go to Sam's Club if you want one, I don't know what else to say.

The ad said that it will keep cold drinks cold for 24 hours and warm drinks warm for 12 hours. I had to test that.

I filled one up with ice water before I went to bed one night. I took it to bed to use to take my pills. The next morning, I took my pills again and surprisingly, after about 6 hours, the ice was still in the bottle and it was just as cold as when I'd first made it. I let it sit all day and all night and the next morning, over 30 hours later, there was still ice in the bottle.

It doesn't sweat even the tiniest bit. I love that!

It holds about 25 oz. of water/ice and for $10 per bottle, I'm impressed.

The drawbacks are:

  1. The opening is not large enough for our ice cubes. I make a glass of ice water and the water melts the ice enough that I can individually stuff them down the hole, then pour the ice water in, then top it off with a bottle of water I keep in the fridge. It isn't enough work to stop me from using it but I wish the opening was just a little larger. If we had a fridge that dispensed crushed ice, that would be fine . . but we don't.
  2. There's no way to keep a straw in it. The lid is solid and screws on. I understand that the convenience of a straw also results in some loss of insulation and allows the water to get warmer faster.
  3. It has no handles, nor have I seen handles made for it. It's a totally different size from the Yeti bottles so I din't think their handles would fit.
Still . . for the price and for how cold it keeps my water, I love it! Of all the bottles I have, it's my new favorite.

So, if you're near a Sam's Club and are a member, and if you like what this bottle has to offer and don't mind the drawbacks, I think it's a great buy.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Judy, I always figure you know most everything but do you know about Tervis tumblers? They're double-walled and available in a couple sizes, with lids and straws optional. BB&B sells them and I've also seen them online. For around the house, I fill up the 24 oz. size with ice cubes in the morning and add cold water. Stays cold most of the day but I usually refill with both ice and water around midday. They're double-walled and don't sweat. Just another option for you. Congrats on such a good week so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. All are appreciated.