Wednesday, May 18, 2016

A NY Times Magazine Article

Please know that not every article I share is something I believe 100% or that I've researched the validity of the contents but, the more I read, the more convinced I am that sugar in excess is not a good thing. It's a May 12, 2016 article so it's current.

New York Times Magazine article

It's a long read and a lot of "fluff" but about 3/4 down, they begin talking about insulin, sugar heavy diets and a diabetes epidemic.

The best encouragement for me to stay on this reduced sugar diet is to continue reading stories like this.

3 comments:

  1. Judy, I haven't read the article yet but what helped me try to eat less sugar, and other foods that quickly convert to sugar after you eat them, is reading recently that Alzheimer's Disease might someday be called Type III diabetes. Yikes! I have two elderly parents with dementia/Alzheimer's and while there's no way to know the cause I believe it makes sense to cut as much sugar as possible out of our diets. The way I understand it, sugar causes inflammation and inflammation is related to lots of nasty consequences in our bodies. So congratulations to you and Vince for trying to change your diets. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hadn't read that possible connection. Thanks. That's definitely a disease I'm hoping to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hadn't read that possible connection. Thanks. That's definitely a disease I'm hoping to avoid.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. All are appreciated.